Innovative and articulate leader with 15+ years of experience building and managing in house and outsourced quota carrying Inside Sales and Business Development Teams. Proven ability to recruit, develop and coach key sales talent. Creative thinker with strong analytical skills used to assess sales team efficiency for continuous improvement in order to meet organizational goals and expectations. Lead teams through motivation, incentives, clear goal setting and gap plan implementation for consistent quota attainment.
Sales & New Business Development ♦ Team Building ♦ Sales Leadership ♦ Revenue Modeling
Sales Process Optimization ♦ Strategic Planning ♦ Customer Analysis and Segmentation ♦ Brand Positioning
Competitive Analysis ♦ Salesforce.com Deployment & Tuning ♦ Territory Building ♦ Production ♦ Brand Management
Customer Acquisition ♦ Digital Marketing ♦ Start-ups ♦ Lead Generation ♦ Negotiation ♦ Go-to-Market Analysis & Strategy
Experience & Achievements
Prime Media – Boston, MA April 2008 – Present
Prime Media is a national media agency with a core focus on digital, TV, Radio & Print marketing.
VP of Sales and Business Development (Prime Media) February 2012 – Present
Lead solution and consultative selling efforts to develop relationships with leading brands and grow revenue. Won project(s) and agency of record assignments among marketing decision makers through thought leadership, pitching communications strategy and creative ideas and closing techniques. Manage cross-functional teams in preparing proposals, pitching ideas, defining scope of work and negotiating costs.
- Lead, coach, collaborate, mentor and provide strategic operational direction to a team of Senior Sales Executives
- Managed five direct reports and ten cross-functional teams ranging from 10 to 12 people depending on project scope and needs.
- Inspect and maintain an accurate pipeline improving overall effectiveness and operational efficiency – drive and maintain predictable forecasting.
- Instituted and implemented sales and marketing process improvements including the use of Salesfoce, Marketo, Hubspot, Basecamp and a formalized new business project management system.
- Lead Senior Sales Executives on client opportunities above $50k spend and over. Responsibilities include strategic planning and execution of new sales opportunity, coaching effective closing techniques, directly participate in prospect meetings to assist in closing deals + annual spend accounts.
- Facilitate acquisition of new customers – oversee complex negotiations and analyze/appraise the effectiveness of sales tactics, costs and results
- Pitched, negotiated and won $150 million in digital advertising projects from Mazda, Samsung, Nuance and Avast.
- Developed and sold a $15.5 million multi-year, Omni-channel marketing proposal for Nationwide Insurance.
- Designed an innovative digital marketing strategy secured by $8.5 million campaign targeting ultra high net-worth individuals for BNY Mellon Private Wealth.
- Proposed and sold $7 million social media campaign for Vivint Home Security, Vivint Solar and home automation.
- Gained access and established conversation with marketing decision-makers at Target, Panasonic, E.A. Sports/Entertainment, BestBuy, NewEgg.com, Enjoy Life Foods, Phoenix Higher Education and other leading B2B & B2C products and brands on a national and international basis.
VP of Marketing and Director of Business Development (Prime Media) April 2008 – February 2012
Started out with 2 sales executives and 2 business development reps. Grew and lead the media sales team to 10 sales managers, 2 sales directors, 80 sales executives and 20 business development reps by expanding field operations across North America for all digital, social and offline media sales
- Key Client acquisitions included: Toyota, Experian, Staples, ADT Home Security, Lincoln Heritage, Quicken Loans, KFC, Taco Bell and Experian Automotive.
- Developed a sales pipeline that generated 125 opportunities in 2012 with 75 formal pitches and a win rate of 55%.
- Planned and implemented the company’s first integrated annual marketing plan to build agency awareness, strengthen thought-leadership, increase interest and consideration among marketers, and drive new business.
- Managed two direct reports and four cross-functional teams ranging from 6 to 10 people depending on project scope and needs.
- Diagnosed key barriers to sales growth, including overpricing of remnant media by 25% compared to competitors.
- Expanded company sales by developing a database of 1500+ targeted companies, segmented by marketing/sales process phase that determined the appropriate messaging and activity required to advance the sale.
- Lead in-house millennial marketing team with 25 plus members to develop programs for emerging social media, mobile and applications [smart phone] channels.
- Designed a targeting and messaging strategy to more quickly and effectively reach decision makers, securing 100+ social media referrals, and increasing response rates to cold calls by 28%.
Leadsoft Business Solutions – Boston, MA January 2005 – February 2008
Leadsoft Business Solutions is a business consulting firm, which deploys consultants with expertise in corporate learning & development, training, technical communication and project management.
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Amplified qualified sales leads by 160% through the introduction of inbound marketing tactics, content marketing, search marketing, SEO, social media marketing, blogging, event marketing and conferences.
- Revamped corporate website content, incorporating landing pages to gather and auto-import lead data into CRM.
- Composed and designed new business proposals, increasing revenue by 35%.
- Boosted Search Engine Ranking 60% by devising and executing Search Engine Marketing and PPC strategy.
- Established strategic partnerships with other consulting firms in other major U.S. markets for assistance in specific areas of business such as regulatory compliance at state and federal levels.
- Produced $3.5 million in new revenue by solution selling project engagements with Capital One, Barilla USA, Feld Entertainment and New England Consulting Group.
- Generated 200+ Million media impressions via integrated online and offline marketing, PR and branding campaign with Forbes.com, CNNmoney.com and GolfDigest.com
- Managed three direct reports and five teams of 10-15 senior sales and marketing consultants.
- Lead consultants on client opportunities above $250k and over. Responsibilities include strategic planning and execution of new sales opportunity, coaching effective closing techniques, directly participate in prospect meetings to assist in closing $250k+ annual spend accounts.
- Consistent achievement of year over year growth and reaching target revenue quotas for 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- New client development grew within 3 years to over 215 relationships and $175 million in revenue.