Results oriented sales leader with an excellent track record in SaaS, Digital Media and technology sales. Proven ability to recruit, lead, train and motivate a sales team and exceed quotas with verifiable year over year growth. I have an entrepreneurial mindset and deep passion for selling and supporting new and innovative technologies.
Sales & New Business Development ♦ Team Building ♦ Sales Leadership ♦ Revenue Modeling
Sales Process Optimization ♦ Strategic Planning ♦ Customer Analysis and Segmentation ♦ Brand Positioning
Competitive Analysis ♦ Salesforce.com Deployment & Tuning ♦ Territory Building ♦ Production ♦ Brand Management
Customer Acquisition ♦ Digital Marketing ♦ Start-ups ♦ Lead Generation ♦ Negotiation ♦ Go-to-Market Analysis & Strategy
inStream Media, Waltham, MA 6/2017 to Present
Senior Director of Inside Sales / Individual Contributor
I own and manage the sales process for SMB and Enterprise. Through consistent training and mentorship we are closing more opportunities on a daily basis. I am responsible for both a team quota and an individual quota.
- 131% of team quota for Q3-2017 and 143% for Q4-2017.
- 123% of individual quota for Q3-2017 and 169% for Q4-2017.
- Provide training and coaching, mentoring and motivating sales executives.
- Generate and strategize division of leads in Salesforce to account executives by combining both territory and industry/vertical specialization.
- Refine scripts and develop solidified objection handling techniques to ensure higher close rate percentages and increase average MRR and ARR per account executive.
- Sync with COO regularly to report the ROI on successful verticals and recommendations of new strategies, utilizing a combination of Salesforce and Excel reports.
- Schedule and conduct sales team meetings, role-plays and one on one sessions.
- Work closely with the marketing team to align with company revenue targets/goals.
Bizness apps, Boston, MA [Mobile App Development Platform Company] 1/2015 to 6/2017
Director of Sales / Individual Contributor
As the Director of Sales I am responsible for on-boarding new hires, sales training, managing day-to-day sales activity, and the continuous development of sales skills for full cycle Account Executives. Facilitate acquisition of new clients – oversee complex negotiations and analyze/appraise the effectiveness of sales tactics, costs and results.
- Achieved revenue targets in excess of $30mm in 2016 a 121% increase over 2015.
- Closed the 4 largest sales transactions in company history: $1.8M, $1.6M, $1.4M and $1.25M.
- Exceeded YTD team quota every quarter in 2016: Q1-104%, Q2-118%, Q3-154%, Q4-129%.
- Set multiple records for generating highest amounts of MRR month after month.
- Lead, coach, collaborate and provide strategic operational direction to account Executives.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline improving overall effectiveness and maintain predictable forecasting through Salesforce.com.
- Supervise and analyze all outbound and inbound sales efforts for new business and online client demonstrations.
- Conduct performance reviews and develop employee performance improvement plans.
- Scheduling and leading team staff meetings, workshops and weekly one-on-one sessions.
- Generate and strategize division of leads to account executives by combining both territory and industry/vertical specialization.
- Refine scripts and develop solidified objection handling techniques to ensure higher close rate percentages and increase average MRR per rep
Prime Media, Boston, MA 12/2010 to 11/2014
Vice President of Sales
Charged with leading all sales functions. Work cross-functionally with other department leaders and creative staff to identify new product and sales opportunities, define short- and long-term strategic sales plans, and optimize each client’s digital media spend.
- Successfully attained more than 100% of annual quota consistently. Generated more than $20 million in new client revenue with SEO, SEM and SMM campaigns with top advertisers like Experian, Nuance, Western Digital, Mazda, Vivint and Nationwide Insurance.
- Increased efficacy of sales performance by maximizing sales operations of top performing verticals and metrics like lead generation, emails sent, and current deals in sales pipeline.
- Synced with COO regularly to report the ROI on successful verticals and recommendations of new strategies, utilizing a combination of Salesforce.com and Excel reports.
- Researched, analyzed and monitored industry trends and competitive, financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on sales opportunities and stay competitive in the industry.
Prime Media, Boston, MA 4/2008 to 12/2010
Director of Sales
Lead revenue generating arm of the company. Create sales presentations, tools and collateral. Oversee sales training. Approve proposals and contracts. Develop sales territories.
- Managed team of 20 business development reps, account managers, and inside sales coordinators. Developed and executed sales strategies, quotas, and commission plans.
- Accelerated sales cycle time by 75% by implementing Salesforce.com to streamline sales processes and better service clients.