Innovative and articulate leader with proven ability to plan, develop and execute business building campaigns that drive multi-million dollar growth for leading national / global brands. Repeated success guiding sizeable, cross-functional teams in the design and execution of multi-channel marketing, advertising and communications campaigns. Skilled at building and managing operational teams that include staff and partners. Proven ability to drive collaboration, inspire teamwork and deliver breakthrough results through creative problem solving. Broad experience that includes: Automotive, Consumer Goods, Entertainment, Financial Services, Healthcare, Hospitality, Professional Services, Retail, Telecommunications and Technology.
Marketing ♦ Team Building ♦ Communications ♦ Digital ♦ Direct Marketing ♦ Social Media ♦ Sales Promotion
♦ Event Marketing ♦ Strategic Planning ♦ Customer Analysis and Segmentation ♦ Positioning ♦ Concept & Messaging
♦ Competitive Analysis ♦ Consumer and Market Research ♦ Media Planning & Buying ♦ Production ♦ Brand Management
♦ Customer Acquisition ♦ Loyalty Marketing ♦ Sales & New Business Development ♦ Pitching ♦ Negotiation ♦ P&L
Experience & Achievements
Prime Media – Boston, MA 4/2008 – Present
Prime Media is a national media agency with a core focus on digital, TV, Radio & Print marketing.
Chief Marketing Officer & VP of Business Development (Prime Media) 2/2012-Present
Lead solution and consultative selling efforts to develop relationships with leading brands and grow revenue. Won project(s) and agency of record assignments among marketing decision makers through thought leadership, pitching communications strategy and creative ideas and closing techniques. Manage cross-functional teams in preparing proposals, pitching ideas, defining scope of work and negotiating costs.
- Pitched, negotiated and won $150 million in digital advertising projects from Mazda, Samsung, Nuance and Avast.
- Developed and sold a $15.5 million multi-year, Omni-channel marketing proposal for Nationwide Insurance.
- Designed an innovative digital marketing strategy secured by $8.5 million campaign targeting ultra high net-worth individuals for BNY Mellon Private Wealth.
- Proposed and sold $7 million social media campaign for Vivint Home Security, Vivint Solar and home automation.
- Managed five direct reports and ten cross-functional teams ranging from 10 to 12 people depending on project scope and needs.
- Implemented a new Adwords/Paid Search architecture based on O&D pairs enabled digital SEM teams to decrease generic cost-per-click by 25% and achieve a 98% share of impression on generic search.
- Developed campaigns to increase Facebook audience by 1531% and Twitter audience by 752%
- Gained access and established conversation with marketing decision-makers at Target, Panasonic, E.A. Sports/Entertainment, BestBuy, NewEgg.com, Enjoy Life Foods, Phoenix Higher Education and other leading B2B & B2C products and brands on a national and international basis.
VP of Marketing & Director of Business Development (Prime Media) 4/2008-2/2012
Organized and led brand building and revenue generating efforts to acquire new clients and increase media spends to existing clients. Developed planning and execution of marketing programs, including awards submissions, events and conferences, digital, social media and public relations. Directed cross-functional teams in responding to RFI / RFP requests and preparing proposals that set the agency apart from the competition while convincing decision-makers to retain and hire Prime Media.
- Promoted to Chief Marketing Officer in February of 2012, additionally took on the role of VP of Business Development later that same year.
- Charged with increasing 2011 total revenue to $350 million up from 2010 at $285 million. Produced $75 million in new revenue. Key Client acquisitions included: Toyota, Experian, Staples, ADT Home Security, Lincoln Heritage, Quicken Loans, KFC, Taco Bell and Experian Automotive.
- Developed a sales pipeline that generated 125 opportunities in 2012 with 75 formal pitches and a win rate of 55%.
- Planned and implemented the company’s first integrated annual marketing plan to build agency awareness, strengthen thought-leadership, increase interest and consideration among marketers, and drive new business.
- Managed two direct reports and four cross-functional teams ranging from 6 to 10 people depending on project scope and needs.
- Instituted and implemented sales and marketing process improvements including the use of Salesfoce, Basecamp and a formalized new business project management system.
- Diagnosed key barriers to sales growth, including overpricing of remnant media by 25% compared to competitors.
- Expanded company sales by developing a database of 1500+ targeted companies, segmented by marketing/sales process phase that determined the appropriate messaging and activity required to advance the sale.
- Lead in-house millennial marketing team with 25 plus members to develop programs for emerging social media, mobile and applications [smart phone] channels.
- Designed a targeting and messaging strategy to more quickly and effectively reach decision makers, securing 100+ social media referrals, and increasing response rates to cold calls by 28%.
Leadsoft Business Solutions – Boston, MA 1/2005 – 2/2008
Leadsoft is a business consulting firm with a focus on sales and marketing training.
Vice President of Marketing & Sales
As VP of Marketing I managed the integrated marketing communications functions, encompassing branding, messaging and positioning, demand/lead generation, content marketing, direct/email marketing, database marketing, web asset management, social media outreach, events planning, and public relations.
- Amplified qualified sales leads by 160% through the introduction of inbound marketing tactics, content marketing, search marketing, SEO, social media marketing, blogging, event marketing and conferences.
- Revamped corporate website content, incorporating landing pages to gather and auto-import lead data into CRM.
- Delivered internal and external multimedia PowerPoint presentations for CEO and COO. Most notable presentations included securing Bank of America, American Express, Adobe, Reebok and Godaddy.com
- Composed and designed new business proposals, increasing revenue by 35%.
- Boosted Search Engine Ranking 60% by devising and executing Search Engine Marketing and PPC strategy.
- Established strategic partnerships with other consulting firms in other major U.S. markets for assistance in specific areas of business such as regulatory compliance at state and federal levels.
- Produced $3.5 million in new revenue by solution selling project engagements with Capital One, Barilla USA, Feld Entertainment and New England Consulting Group.
- Generated 200+ Million media impressions via integrated online and offline marketing, PR and branding campaign with Forbes.com, CNNmoney.com and GolfDigest.com
- Managed three direct reports and five teams of 10-15 senior sales and marketing consultants.
- Lead consultants on client opportunities above $250k and over. Responsibilities include strategic planning and execution of new sales opportunity, coaching effective closing techniques, directly participate in prospect meetings to assist in closing $250k+ annual spend accounts.
- Consistent achievement of year over year growth and reaching target revenue quotas for 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- New client development grew within 3 years to over 215 relationships and $175 million in revenue.