Results oriented sales leader with an excellent track record in SaaS, Digital Media and technology sales. Proven ability to recruit, lead, train and motivate a sales team and exceed quotas with verifiable year over year growth. I have an entrepreneurial mindset and deep passion for selling and supporting new and innovative technologies.
Sales & New Business Development ♦ Team Building ♦ Sales Leadership ♦ Revenue Modeling
Sales Process Optimization ♦ Strategic Planning ♦ Customer Analysis and Segmentation ♦ Brand Positioning
Competitive Analysis ♦ Salesforce.com Deployment & Tuning ♦ Territory Building ♦ Production ♦ Brand Management
Customer Acquisition ♦ Digital Marketing ♦ Start-ups ♦ Lead Generation ♦ Negotiation ♦ Go-to-Market Analysis & Strategy
Experience & Achievements
Bizness Apps, Boston, MA [Mobile App Development Platform Company] 1/2015 to present
Director of Sales
Bizness Apps is a company with a focus on mobile app development platform products and solutions that will allow companies to simultaneously create, edit, and manage mobile apps online.
As the Director of Sales I am responsible for on-boarding new hires, sales training, managing day-to-day sales activity, and the continuous development of sales skills for full cycle Account Executives. Facilitate acquisition of new clients – oversee complex negotiations and analyze/appraise the effectiveness of sales tactics, costs and results.
- Lead, coach, collaborate and provide strategic operational direction to Account Executives.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline improving overall effectiveness and maintain predictable forecasting through Salesforce.com.
- Supervise and analyze all outbound and inbound sales efforts for new business and online client demonstrations.
- Conduct performance reviews and develop employee performance improvement plans.
- Scheduling and leading team staff meetings, workshops and weekly one-on-one sessions.
- Generate and strategize division of leads to account executives by combining both territory and industry/vertical specialization.
- Refine scripts and develop solidified objection handling techniques to ensure higher close rate percentages and increase average MRR per rep.
Prime Media, Boston, MA [Digital Media Company] 12/2010 to 12/2014
VP of Sales
Charged with leading all sales functions. Work cross-functionally with other department leaders and creative staff to identify new product and sales opportunities, define short- and long-term strategic sales plans, and optimize each client’s digital media spend.
- Increased efficacy of sales performance by maximizing sales operations of top performing verticals and metrics like lead generation, emails sent, and current deals in sales pipeline.
- Synced with COO regularly to report the ROI on successful verticals and recommendations of new strategies, utilizing a combination of Salesforce.com and Excel reports.
- Researched, analyzed and monitored industry trends and competitive, financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on sales opportunities and stay competitive in the industry.
Prime Media, Boston, MA [Digital Media Company] 4/2008 to 12/2010
Director of Sales
Lead revenue generating arm of the company. Create sales presentations, tools and collateral. Oversee sales training. Approve proposals and contracts. Develop sales territories.
- Managed team of 20 business development reps, account managers, and inside sales coordinators. Developed and executed sales strategies, quotas, and commission plans.
- Accelerated sales cycle time by 75% by implementing Salesforce.com to streamline sales processes and better service clients.
Leadsoft INC, Boston, MA [Information Technology Solutions Company] 1/2005 to 2/2008
General Sales Manager – Marketing
As General Sales Manager I managed the integrated sales and marketing communications functions, encompassing branding, messaging and positioning, lead generation, content marketing, email marketing, database marketing and social media outreach.
- Amplified qualified sales leads by 160% through the introduction of inbound marketing tactics, content marketing, SEM, SEO, SMM, weekly blog posts, event marketing and conferences.
- Lead account executives on client opportunities above 50k. Responsibilities include strategic planning and execution of new sales opportunity, coaching effective closing techniques, directly participate in prospect meetings to assist in closing large annual spend accounts.